Women’s football is one of the most popular sports in the world. The most famous teams include Manchester United, FC Barcelona, and Paris Saint-Germain. Women’s football is also on the rise; FIFA estimates that there are more than 250 million women playing soccer worldwide. In this article, we’ll cover all women’s football teams around the globe!
- The United States of America has been the best women’s football team in the world for many years.
- In recent years, they have won a lot of gold medals at the Olympics.
Asia is the home of two of the most successful women’s football leagues in the world: Japan Women’s Football League and National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL). Both leagues have been around since 1993, with NWSL being founded on April 12th 2012 by US Soccer Federation and Canadian Soccer Association.
Japan Women’s Football League (JWFL) has been established to promote women’s football in Japan over the past 20 years, while K-League Women was founded in 2011 by Korea Professional Football League (KLeague) with five teams competing for a spot at AFC Asian Cup 2021.
In Australia, you can watch Australian W-League which comprises eight teams from major cities across Australia as well as a national men’s competition called A-League which runs concurrently with W-Leauge seasons every year.
The Indo Thai Women’s League is one of Asia’s oldest women’s football competitions running since 2013 with four divisions including First Division consisting of seven clubs each year who play against each other once for either promotion or relegation purposes. In addition to this there are also three reserve leagues – Second Division 1 Reserve League, 2nd Division 2 Reserve Leagues – which have 12 teams each playing against each other once during their respective season before combining themselves together into one top tier where they compete against each other twice more before finally deciding on promotion/relegation issues.
Africa is the continent with the most women’s football teams in the world. There are over 700 teams in Africa, with over 400 of them being in the top division.
The most successful teams on this list are from Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa.
- The most popular women’s football leagues in Europe are the Frauen-Bundesliga (Germany), FA WSL (England), and Division 1 Féminine (France).
- Clubs from these leagues have won all but one UEFA Women’s Champions League title since its inception in 2001.
- The most successful club team is FC Barcelona, with six titles. They are followed by Olympique Lyonnais with five titles, DFB-Pokal winner 1. FFC Frankfurt and Olympique de Marseille with three each, and VfL Wolfsburg who share equal fourth place with Paris Saint-Germain at two apiece.
- At international level, England has won 8 titles out of 17 editions so far of both UEFA Women’s Euro tournaments while Germany has won 4 times while France has earned two wins as well as their sole FIFA World Cup victory occurring during last year’s edition hosted by France itself!
North America is the region that includes North America, Central America and the Caribbean. Women’s football leagues in North America:
- National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) – United States
- Canadian Women’s Soccer League (CWSL) – Canada
- Oceania Football Confederation
The OFC Women’s Nations Cup is the oldest international women’s football competition in existence. It was held for the first time in 1994, and has been played every two years since then. The first edition was won by New Zealand, who beat Australia 3–2 in the final match. There are only 11 teams competing in this tournament as of 2019: Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji and Papua New Guinea from Oceania; China PR, Hong Kong SAR China (replaced South Korea), Japan and DPR Korea from Asia; Canada from North America; Mexico from Central America; Trinidad and Tobago from Caribbean Zonal Qualifiers; USA from CONCACAF Zonal Qualifiers.
Here are all the women’s football teams in the world
Here are all the women’s football teams in the world.
European Football League Women is an association football competition for women’s clubs in Europe, started in 2017. It is organised by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), and replaced the UEFA Women’s Champions League that had run since 2004. It is contested annually by top level women’s club sides from around Europe and has replaced the Champions League as the highest level of competition for European clubs.
The Super League Greece, commonly known as Greek Superleague or First Division A Women is a professional league competition for women’s association football clubs in Greece organized by Hellenic Football Federation (HFF). The Superleague began play in 1991–92 under HFF jurisdiction and currently consists of 16 teams playing each other twice during a season; once at home and once away from home with points being awarded according to finish rather than actual results. At stake are two places in UEFA Women’s Champions League which will be awarded to champions and runners-up respectively at end of final match day (if only one team qualifies via playoffs then another spot may be granted).
There are many women’s football teams in the world. Some of them are professional and some are amateur. The Women’s Football Association (WFA) is an organization that includes all the professional teams in England that play at a high level and have been formed by women. These teams include Chelsea, Arsenal FC, Manchester City FC, Liverpool FC and more